- Economics is the second most popular A Level, with around a third of Sixth Formers sitting the exams and a many applying for Economics and related subjects at top universities.
- Boys receive valuable additional support with Oxbridge extension and enrichment lessons.
- MTS boys have enjoyed success in the CORE Schools Economics Challenge, Bank Camera Action, and the Institute for Economic Affairs’ Budget Challenge.
- Boys run the Alfred Marshall Political Economy Society, named after the great political economist and Old Merchant Taylor Sir Alfred Marshall. This organises talks with external speakers.
- Recently, there have been talks on US and French politics by UCL academics, and a discussion about UK politics by ex-Prime Minister Theresa May's former Chief of Staff.