- Science is a cornerstone of the curriculum at MTS with a long tradition of excellence – recent Nobel Prize-winning scientist, Sir John Sulston, was an Old Boy of the school.
- The department brings together Chemistry, Biology and Physics, all taught in well-equipped labs with the latest technology.
- Boys are encouraged to enter national competitions and every year they win Gold Awards in the different Science Olympiads.
- In addition, MTS pupils have recently been commended in Cambridge’s Gonville and Caius Essay Competition.
- Many MTS scientists go on to read Science degrees at university and in 2020 six Upper Sixth Formers won places at Oxford and Cambridge to study science-related courses.